Add To Inquiry Page
Smooth Wirewound Tubular Power Resistor (DR)
The (DR) Series is RoHS compliant and lead free. Order individual replacement units, or entire grids with various mounting configurations, or custom specifications, contact us to discuss the details.
Downloads complete PDF version Smooth-Wirewound Tubular Power Resistors (DR).
- A tubular ceramic has two terminals and is wound with copper roundwire or chromium alloy roundwire to provide the resistance.
- Coated with non-flammable resin in high temperature. Insulation is applied through a high-temperature process and the mounts are attached.
- Due to Direct excellent winding technology applied , many taps can be added, impedance is low and the shape can be altered to produce many types.
- Fixed, adjustable, or tapped styles are available.
- Special terminals are available for unusual applications.
- Special temperature coefficients, tolerances, and resistance value can be specified.
- Ayrton Perry type non-inductive winding formats are available. See DRS Series when requied.
- Standard resistance tolerance is ±5% and ±10%. Closer tolerances are available upon request.
- Standard lug terminals available with or without terminal hardware.
- Single and double quick connect terminals can be specified.
- The wire is spot welded to the terminal bands and then "fastened" onto the core with a silicone, cement, or vitreous enamel coating.
- Ideal for educational modeling applications, load testing, industrial machinery, electric power distribution, instruments, automation control installations, etc.
- Typical applications for roundwire (DR) series in motor/motion control include areas such as dynamic braking, motor starting, speed/torque control, industrial machinery, electric power distribution, and plugging.
- Other applications include load dumping, current limiting, elevators, UPS systems, lift trucks, and voltage dropping.